27 Dec 2011

2011 for me

I entered 2011 with buzzing optimism.I wish I had retained that attitude,as I realized,optimism is the key to happiness.Couple it with positive thinking and it leads to happiness.This year,I learnt to embrace this attitude which also helped me in letting go off the past hurts.Being happy and counting your blessings instead of troubles has been a major lesson for me this year.This year,I also loosened up a little,and let go off the awkwardness within me.It wasn't truly a happening year,and it was yes,even a lil drab at times,but damn it,if it wasn't the best year of my life :D
Because life is all about enjoying the little mundane things around you instead of some buzzing hyperactivity.I could write about a few moments nevertheless
1.India winning the world cup:
Awesome.Legendary. Awesome again!Winning the world cup was a high moment for every Indian.Especially Dhoni's last six.Pak's jealousy was reflected in Shoaib Akhtars lame autobiography,in which he threw some derogatory remarks against Sachin.Go die,Shoaib!
2.Embracing positivism,and letting go off the past hurts: I did a lot of negative thinking earlier on,due to which my self-image was distorted.At 53 kgs,I often felt like I was the heaviest girl alive.I've let go off all those things,and I guess,I can see myself clearly for who I am,and loving myself that way. Now I like and live by Barney Stintson(the legendary guy)'s quote,"When I'm sad,I stop being sad and be awesome instead"
3.Anna Hazare's campaign:While it is still on,and I wonder where is it heading to,but when it started,I had a lot faith in it,for this was a common man's battle (a visibly fair one) against the corruption.Grandest salute to the uneducated guy from Ralegaon Siddhi ,who had the gumption to initiate such a successful  campaign against corruption for the Levis and Pepe Jeans-clad youth,who care less than anything about their country.
4.Movies:My favourite one of this year has to be Harry Potter's final installment of the HP series.Rowling's magic turning into a grand visual treat livened up mine and many of the HP fans' lives.Rockstar and Singham were decent movies too.
The crassest movie of the year has to be Delhi Belly.DB's crude,crass,vulgar humour did not appeal to me.
I wonder what delusional image does Aamir Khan have about the youth.I hate him for making this one.Like I said,Mausam was an unexpectedly crap movie,so I've shifted my loyalties from Shahid to Ranbir.Sorry,Shahid.

Anyway,here's to hoping that 2012 will be awesome. Which it will be :D Happy New Year,guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment